2nd SUPEERA webinar: Pathways on Energy System Integration and Solar Power
2nd SUPEERA webinar: Bringing research and industry closer: Accelerating innovation and uptake of new technologies
Pathways on Bioenergy and Energy Storage
In January 2020, EERA launched the SUPEERA project that supports the implementation of the SET-Plan, integrating it at the same time into the broader context of the Clean Energy Transition.
Among different high-level objectives, the project foresees activities to accelerate innovation and uptake by the industry. To this end, SUPEERA aims at :
- Analyse the proposed energy measures in the NECPs
- Promote the dialogue and cooperation model between industry and energy experts
- Provide coordinated input to decision makers on systemic and cross-sectorial solutions to support the Clean Energy Transition
- Deliver sectorial, cross/systemic recommendations on R&I priorities to support uptake of new technologies by the industry
In this context, EERA and its partners are facilitating a stakeholder dialogue focused on research and innovation priorities and pathways relevant to the Clean Energy Transition, including the SET-Plan objectives.
The purpose is to define six pathways– and to pilot them during SUPEERA – addressing a range of different realities in regional coverage, maturity and European industrial competitive sectors. These pathways will provide input for recommendations to support the Clean Energy Transition goals and to suggest policy measures, facilitating the cooperation between research and industry. To achieve this purpose, six workshops will be organized in order to discuss and start piloting the selected pathways.
Prior to these knowledge-generating workshops, a series of three webinars is envisaged in order to introduce the selected pathways and set the scene. Based on the discussion and feedback, SUPEERA will draw recommendations to be disseminated later, e.g. towards the European Commission and Member States and Associated Countries.
The first webinar (presenting pathways on Hydrogen and Offshore Wind) was organized in October 2020, while the two remaining will be organized asd follows:
- 17th March 2021: Pathways on Bioenergy and Energy Storage
- 14th April 2021: Pathways on Energy System Integration and Solar Power